Acorn Tilt Window Parts

A landlord from Prescott, AZ says:
two sides of channel balance? Not sure how to measure it. 30" or 31"

3rd photo is a roller on a pot metal arm with a screw in it. Placement is on bottom left of lower window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200825_172156.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200825_172218.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200825_172232.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This is a spiral balance. We can help replace it, but we need to know the exact diameter and length of that outer tube. The component it attaches to is called a pivot shoe. Yours looks pretty damaged, but if you can pull one out of another window in the house (preferably identical) and tell us the width and thickness of the shoe, we should be able to replace it as well. 

Hi Bob ~ Thank you for your response. I will be placing an order soon. Do you recognize this aluminum window lock? Is there a different lock available to take it's place?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200828_164030[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200828_163948[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200828_164149[1].jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Unfortunately I don't think we have a replacement for this sliding window lock. We don't have anything that matches its end profile, which leads me to believe it may be a type that is no longer made. You can view our selection here. A local hardware store may be your bet. Apologies that we cannot be of more help on this one. 

Acorn Tilt Window Pivot Shoe

1/2"-thick/front-to back;

2-1/16"(2")-tall/top to bottom;

1-1/4"-wide/left to right

attached to blue tip spiral spring

not sure about the pivot bar - it is a square "U" shape, small ?1/4"/3/16"?

the window is out for cracked glass repair, pivot bar is with it.

I measured with a caliper

9/16" thick; 9/32" wide; 2-1/32" tall

thank you.~ Tallie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Apt 11 Pivot Shoe #1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Apt 11 Pivot Shoe #2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hello again. This looks like an older version of the 15-015 to me. This shoe is 17/32" thick and 1-1/4" wide. Let me know if your shoe's dimensions are the same, or if they differ in any way. 

Thank you for your response.
The only difference I see is that there are two (2) angled off centered slots on the 15-015 and a single centered slot on the one I have. Just guessing, could it be 15-118 shoe? Does the centered slot make a difference over the off-centered slots? Please advise. Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Personally I've never found the angle of the slot to be an issue when it comes to installing a spiral balance with this shoe. Not to mention, the 15-015 was meant to replace your very same older Acorn pivot shoe. That said, the 15-118 does have the same dimensions and does have the center slot; but it is a different enough style that I'm not sure if it would fit your window track. 

How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.