Acorn dorwal roller

A quick learner from Port Washington N.Y. says:

acorn dorwal sliding double pane glass door h 72"x w 36 3/4" x 1 " thick. roller assembly : L 1 3/4" X H 1" {not including the roller), W OF CASING ABT 1/2" (or tick less on screw end ) diameter of roller 1 1/4"

marking on casing is D-719 .It might be your part number 81-027 according to Bruce in his response to one of your customers on aug 16,2019. if this is the right part i would like 2 plus the wax/lubricant on yr website, shawn

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0002.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0003.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0004.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0005.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0007.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid I don't recognize this roller; what you're showing is just the internal portion of a complete assembly. You still have an outer housing somewhere, probably still installed in the door. We have to see the whole thing together to find a match. I also need to know its width and height.

I cannot confirm that the 81-027 will work for you. We've never had anyone named Bruce work for this department, so I cannot verify the accuracy of his suggestion. 

thanks for replying Tom, as I previously mentioned
the height is 1 inch the width abt 1/2 inch. the previous post to which I referred was from someone named Bruce to someone named TOM from your company (maybe yourself) it was in Aug 2019. Inside the door there are 2 forks in which the pin that goes through the center of the roller fit(slide) into it is like the tynes of a fork that the end of the pin on each side of the roller slide into. I don't know how the forks are attached in each side of the door maybe weld ? do you think i shud just replace the wheel ? let me know what you tink thanks
Profile picture of Tom

It is unlikely that your roller is welded into the door. I've never known a door company to do that. If that's how yours is, it would be a first. More likely it is held in by either a screw, or the bottom rail of the door is keeping it in place; if the latter is true, then you need to remove that rail.

Either way, I can't say for sure without seeing the rest of the housing out of the door. That is a necessary step in order for me to ID a replacement.

Hi Tom - your probably right about the piece of the roller assembly on the inside of the door ... I couldn't tell how it is attached it maybe is just held in by the sides of the bottom of the door which you said should be removed. I wasn't comfortable with that
prospect so I just replaced the roller and used the same roller assembly. it works . Thanks anyway and sorry to have wasted your time.,
Shawn
Profile picture of Tom

That's perfectly alright, I'm glad you found a solution. If you run into any issues in the future, we will do our best to help.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.