Adjustability of Awning Window Leaver Operator

A quick learner from Colorado says:
I have several awning windows that do not completely close when the handle lever is in the fully closed position. This creates a big gap along bottom edge and a drafty situation. Can I adjust them to pull the window in more tightly, or do I have to replace the hardware?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201118_083705.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201118_090417.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It sounds like there's a good possibility that it's time for a new operator and that the gears might be stripped. Before you purchase a replacement 39-070, I would recommend removing the operator and trying to close the window by hand to make sure that it still doesn't get hung up, which could indicate that the problem is stemming from the hinges and not the operator. 

How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.