Alcan Window Replacement Parts

A handy person from Tampa, FL says:
I need some window parts identified please.
You will see the windows by IMG_3140 are Alcan.
I need Sash Guides (picture attached) and a Channel Balance (picture attached).
The Channel balance is stamped "3635" and the metal is 37" in length.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3140.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3210.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3211.jpg
More photos of the balance ends.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3216.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3220.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

With this combination of attachments, you could have either an S380-37 or S385-37 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. Your stamp is a bit unusual, however. You'll need to weigh your sash to determine the appropriate spring strength option. There's a chart on the S380-37 and S385-37 store pages that will show you which option you'll need based on the weight of your sash.  

As for the top sash guide, yours looks like a match for the 18-161 but compare our dimensions to yours to see if you agree. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Emily you mentioned that The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment, but my measurement is 7/8" as shown in the photo "IMG_3215.jpg". 3215, 3216, and 3217 are the bottom shoe measurements and 3219, and 3220 are the top shoe measurements. Does this help?
Best,
Cory
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3215.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3216.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3217.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3219.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3220.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

It's hard to make out accurate dimensions from pictures. However, if your bottom shoe measures as 7/8" then we can custom make this balance with the 19-005 winged top and 15-029 7/8" bottom shoe. I'll just need you to obtain the exact sash weight and tell me. That will help us determine the appropriate calibration for your balance. Can you also tell me the quantity that you'll need? Our minimum for custom orders is 2. 

Once I have the above information I will be able to draft a price quote for the desired quantity.

Thank you!

Emily,
Digging deeper into the SWISCO site, it looks like I need a custom build of these parts:

Top Channel Balance Winged Shoe: 19-0058
Bottom Channel Balance Winged Shoe: 15-029 (This has the 7/8" depth I need)

Given my sash weight is 24.2 lbs and I want the window to open easier, would SWISCO recommend option 3640 or 3650?

Channel Balance: S380-37 or S385-37

I would like 6-8 of the custom balances.

I believe the Sash Guide I am looking for is 18-161.

How do I order the custom balances?
Profile picture of Emily

You're correct; we can indeed custom make your balance with the 19-005 winged top and 15-029 bottom shoe. Choosing a stronger option would actually make the window harder to close, not easier. With that said, the stamp option will be 3640 for a sash weighing 23 to 30 lbs. 

Can you just confirm the exact quantity of balances you need? I can draft a price quote once I know that. 

Emily,
Please quote:
Qty Description
8x built custom balances with PN so I have for future orders too
26x 18-161 Sash Guides
6x 55-043 Sash Stop
Profile picture of Emily

Great, thank you! I'll email you a purchase link and price quote for (8) 37" balances with the 19-005 top and 15-029 bottom shoe. You can use this to place an order on our website. Just don't forget to add the 18-161 top sash guide and 55-043 sash stop to your cart. Let me know if you have any questions! 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.