Alcan Window Weather Stripping

A home owner from Florida says:
Hello, I am looking to replace the weather stripping in all of my homes Alcan windows. The home was built in 1989 if that makes a difference. Issue im having is when doing yard work etc.. and I blow the exterior window sills off, dirt, dust, etc.. get to the inside window sill. Everything has been recently sealed inside and out and the window weather stripping is the only thing i can think that is allowing air/dirt past the seal. Some seals are totally dry rotted. The seal pictured above is the best. That window was also letting dirt in, but when I pulled the seal it was about 1 inch short on each side. I figured the seal should go the whole seal track length. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_201643.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_201709.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_202117.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_202415.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200727_202429.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! It definitely sounds like you need better weatherstripping. How about our 58-135? This looks like it would work well for you, but review our dimensions just to be 100% sure.

Profile view of 58-135
Profile view of 58-135
Per your customer service I am replying here. I ordered the above as suggested and it appears it does not fit. The portion that goes into the window is too small.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to hear that the 58-135 didn't work for you. Can you tell me the exact size of that part of your seal? I can't make out an exact dimension from your original photos. We need you to be as precise as possible; if you have calipers, now is the time to use them.

It appears to be 1/4".
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. We don't have anything in that size, unfortunately. My idea was for you to maybe use a type of wool pile to replace your bubble seal; assuming we find something in the same size, it would work just as well despite its different makeup. However the base sizes for all the wool pile we sell are more specific than 1/4". You can see our entire selection here. You may want to look these over and see if you could get anything to work.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.