Alcoa Aluminum windows

A handy person from Berwick,pa says:
The window was really hard to open. Then this part came out of the side. Is it something thats fixable? There is a number stamped on the outside of it
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B14815C5-C167-4CCE-B44D-29DB9313FBFD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4898B109-A353-448E-8E2F-ED79315F7375.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03301B3A-DC76-4E2C-A3D4-B86E159D5373.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D0F4E94-5657-4782-AEB8-71667C178902.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! This part is called a balance; specifically, it's a 1/2" wide channel balance for non-tilt windows. Looks like the spring has snapped clean, which means you need a new one.

The good news is we can definitely supply you with the right match. I've even narrowed down the list of replacements to just two products: the S380-23 and the S385-23.

You may be looking at these and wondering what the difference is. The only detail between these two products that differs is the style of the bottom nylon fitting. The S380-23 uses our 15-005, which is 1" deep, while the S385-23 uses our 15-004, which is 1-3/32" deep.

A difference of 3/32" may not seem like much but it can affect the operation of the new balance. I recommend measuring your shoe and reviewing the dimensions we show for this hardware. That should decide for sure what will work.

We also have a couple video guides that I think will help you. You can see them below.

Thanks for coming to us and please let me know if you have any questions!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)