Alcoa Window will not stay open

A landlord from Saint Louis, MO says:
We have some Alcoa windows with the number 2093 on the glass panes. They will not stay up when opened (one actually falls hard).
I am looking to replace the parts that will hold the window in the open position.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It sounds like you have a problem with your window balances. I'd be happy to tell you what you need to replace them, but I'll first need to know what balances you have installed in the window.

If you can, please remove the balances from the window and take a few pictures of them separately, then upload them here for us to see. Alternatively, you can look through our Support Balance Hardware Section in order to find the correct balance for your window.
A landlord from Saint Louis, MO says:
here are some of the photos taken. Due the home is in process of selling, I did not want to start tearing everything apart so hopefully these photos work.
The plastic sleeve fell apart while trying to remove the rod.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think those pictures are just what we needed to see! Looks like you have tilt window spiral balances. Take a look at that page and see if it looks about right.

You're in luck here. If your windows are dropping and you have spiral balances as your support system, you may be able to simply re-charge the spiral instead of replacing the whole balance. Take a look at the video below, which shows the proper way to replace these balances. It also shows how to charge the spiral. You can use a tool like our 75-006.

See if this does the trick for you. If you're charging the spiral but feel no tension, then it's likely that it's shot. In that case, you would need to replace the balances. One step at a time, though! Let's see if charging them works for now. If it doesn't look good, let me know and we can work from there.
A landlord from Saint Louis says:
Thank you for the information. It did work on all windows other than one window has the pivot shoe broken and will not hold the rod in.
I have equipment to replace it but want to ensure I order the proper pivot shoe. 15-045

Here is the picture. It is 2” L x 1” W x 9/16” D.
A customer submitted image of their pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! That image is a huge help. Take a look at our 15-173 and see how it matches up to your hardware.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.