Alcoa windows

A handy person from Little Britain, PA says:

Need the two new window glides. It is a blue tip. Not sure if i should replace the two bottom parts as show in image 0130. Also would like to know recommended tools i shoould order. the blue tip is located inside white tube. so not sure if I need to supply new measurement

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0130.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0128.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0129.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Based on your photos and specs, my recommendation for a replacement balance would be our S600-33. This has a 9/16" diameter outer tube and is 33" long. It doesn't have a blue tip color option, so I would recommend weighing your sash to see if either the available Red or Black tips can work, instead. 

As for the pivot shoe, you can reuse the original as long as it isn't damaged. We also sell the 75-006 charging tool.

A handy person from Little Britain, PA says:
I weighed the window. It's 15 pounds. The existing tip is green so not sure if the red or black will work. Please advise
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The Black Tip would be too strong since it carries 31 pounds at the lightest end of its range. That's more twice the weight of your sash so you would have a very hard time even closing the window.

The Red Tip option should be sufficient. This carries 12 through 30 pounds.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.