Alcon Window Spring 2910

A home owner from Apollo Beach, FL says:
The Balance spring is from an Alcon window. It has a part number 2910. The metal channel is 1/2 inch wide by 30 inches long. Overall length with end pieces is 31 inches. Looks like you photo of S380 or S385. I need 6 of them for 3 widows with the end pieces installed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_092954.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_093001.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_093022.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_093044.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200814_093048.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our S380-30 or S385-30. The only difference between these two balances is the bottom nylon shoe depth, as shown in the picture below. The Series 380 has a shoe that is 1" deep; the Series 385, meanwhile, has a shoe that is 1-3/32" deep. Compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. If your balance's shoe is in fact less than 1", let me know. 

In any case, you'll need a stamp option of 2910. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Thanks for your help. My bottom piece is less than 1 inch wide. Mine seems to be only 7/8 inch wide.
Jim
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We do carry a bottom attachment with a 7/8" depth, our 15-029. I would recommend checking another balance as well since these attachments can wear down a bit over time. If you're confident that you need the smaller 7/8" attachment, we can have them custom made for you since we do not carry a stock balance with this attachment. 

Dimensions for 15-029
Dimensions for 15-029
It looks like I really need the 7/8 inch. I checked 2 windows out of the 3 windows and they have the 7/8 inch bottom pieces. I have 2 questions. What is the cost of the proper custom version? Could I just purchase the standard series 380 and use my belt sander to remove 1/8 inch of material?
Profile picture of Casey

Custom balances would be $11.80 each. Let us know if you'd like to go the custom route and we can get an order link together for you.

That being said, you could use the S380-30 balances and shave down the bottom attachment a bit. Just keep in mind that once the balances are altered, they can't be returned for a refund. 

I would like to go the custom route. I will need 6 of them and 6 of the "5/8 inch sash guides "Norandex" product number 18-161.
Profile picture of Casey

Great. We just sent over an order link in a separate email. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks for all the help. I just sent in an order.
Jim
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.