Alenco, contractor grade, single hung, tilt out.

A handy person from 30253 says:
My windows make incredibly loud popping sounds when the sun shines on them in the morning. This usually lasts from 1 to 2 hours as they heat up.

After extensive troubleshooting, I have come to the conclusion that the retainer strips are preventing the window from expanding or contracting with the change in temperatures. At some point the expansion will overcome the retainer and the result is a loud popping sound.

My current retaining strips are very brittle and almost impossible to remove. I'm going to spray the new strips with silicone before installing them. Hopefully they will be more pliable and allow the expansion that's needed.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The vinyl snap in your Alenco window uses might be our 55-174. See how well it matches. Silicone spray might help in the expansion during the temperature change.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.