Allen Stevens shower roller A-S 3937

A quick learner from NY says:
I purchased your shower door roller 10-152 based on your customer discussions surrounding the Allen Stevens shower door roller A-S 3937. The replacement wheel is considerably smaller than the original which in 1" in diameter. before I bring a handyman out to install this , I'd like to know if you think this can work as a replacement for my rollers.
Allen Stevens shower roller A-S 3937
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your Allen Stevens shower door bracket is no longer available. We suggest adapting the 10-152 roller assembly to your door. Compare your part to ours. Do you think it can be made to work?
A quick learner from New york says:
How can it be adapted?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Allen Stevens normally used a 3/4" flat wheel with their die cast bracket, and the infrequently used 1" wheel is no longer available anymore. The 10-152 allows you to adjust the height to make up for the difference, which may be enough.
A professional from CA says:
The crucial dimension is the space between the flat of the roller and the axle between the wheel and the plate. If this space is not large enough, the axle will scrape the lip of the rail that the roller sits on.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.