Alpine window lock

A home owner from Anchorage, Alaska says:
The keeper is different than most as the tab sticks out instead of pointing downward. on the back of the keeper it looks like there is a 2 on one side, then on the other is 8193

The lock has the name Alpine on the front, holes seem to be about 2 1/4" apart and set back about 3/8" on the back is the number 8300-00. Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Alpine lock.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Alpine lock 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our 90-180 Sash Lock and 90-183 Keeper. Double-check your dimensions and see if this lock & keeper could work for you. 

A home owner from Oregon says:
Hi I am also looking for the same locking system for my windows as posted above by "A home owner from Anchorage, Alaska"; the one replied in the thread doesnot work for me. Do you guys have the same one as posted in the question ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windowlock.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that Bob's suggestions didn't work out. Can you go into more detail as to why they failed? If it's a matter of size difference, can you give me your exact dimensions as compared to the 90-180? Right now that looks to be our best match, so if that is not a good replacement we need to know why so that we can find something better.

A home owner from Bay Area, CA says:
The Alpine locks in question have the keeper opening in line with the screw holes. The 90-183 has the keeper opening rotated 90 degrees by comparison.

The size is fine, but the way these windows are set up that model keeper will prevent the lock from being able to close.
Profile picture of Tom

I see what you mean. What you're describing is called a face-mount keeper. The only such keeper we sell is the 90-282. Look this over and see if it would fit in the space available. It would be compatible with the 90-180 lock.

Dimensions for 90-282
Dimensions for 90-282

Alternate view of 90-282
Alternate view of 90-282

A home owner from Bay Area, CA says:
I missed the reply from some months ago. I ordered the suggested lock (90-180) and face mount keeper (90-282) and both fit nicely. Just wanted to follow up to confirm for the thread that they are a drop-in replacement.

Here's an image (sorry for the flash; not great lighting at that window) to show an original and a replacement side-by-side.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sash_lock.png
Profile picture of Tom

That's great news! I'm glad to hear it worked out. I'm sure this information will be helpful to other customers in the future.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.