Alter my Sash Controls sliding door?

A handy person from Arizona says:
I have a Sash Controls 1963 sliding door handle, but I need to convert it to a flush mount handle.
Is it possible to re-cut a new hole to accommodate something like Swisco's 82-008?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I would not recommend performing this kind of alteration to your door. It would be very, very difficult to cut and install, and it would also likely weaken the door frame. These doors are really only meant to work with one type of handle set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)