Alternative bead or weatherstrip to replace oddly shaped easily chipped rollyson bead

A quick learner from USA says:
I believe this is the snap in from rollyson 2500 series? I am wondering if I could replace it with a shape that is more L than this U that will chip on the outward facing side of the U? Please advise if there is another head that could fit in the channel and provide a different external shape. Otherwise, is there weatherstripping I could use to just hold the window snugly in the same way. I hate the U. Please advise.
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos, it appears you may have something like our 55-158-6 glazing bead. I don't know what other beading you could replace it with. Take a look at our 55-029 or 55-197. These are a push in type similar to the Rollyson beading, but I can't be sure if they will work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)