Alternative lock

A friend from Laurel says:
Hello my name is Zaynab. I want to change the lock on my sliding door. I don't know the specific measurements for the holes. The picture above is for the current lock that is not working well. I am unable to get the contact of the sliding door company of the house and I've tried to change the entire lock by myself for no avail. Can you tell me what products that can be appropriate? Or something that I can put a padlock on that may work for sliding doors?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3DEE5C03-00BA-46C2-A55F-F221E41BF57E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D11D3A6-B17A-4A58-BDD5-B72F16F76197.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. First thing you want to do is to check and see if the mortise lock, or the locking mechanism inside the door, isn't broken and the primary cause of any problems you're having locking the door via the outside key lock or the inside thumb latch. To do this, remove your handle set and try manually 'flipping' the mortise lock with a flathead screwdriver. If the lock doesn't budge, then you know the mortise lock is the primary issue and needs to be replaced. See our 82-226. If the mortise lock works, then you could simply replace the outside key lock cylinder with our 82-310. If you wanted an all-new handle set, see our 82-086. Finally, I can't comment on a padlock addition to this door; that would probably require customization to the patio door itself that we don't deal in. A local locksmith may have better ideas. Let us know if you have any other questions.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.