Alumax Double Hung Window Latch

A home owner from Colorado says:
This is a tilt latch for a Alumax double hung window purchased in 1996. The picture on the left shows the top view which measures 1 3/4" Long X 5/8" Wide. The picture on the right shows 1 hook on the right side but it's missing the identical hook on the left side. I saw a picture on this site of what looks like what I'm looking for. That picture also showed a spring that looks like it might hook up to the latch on the inside of the frame. Is there something that might work for my windows and how do I hook up the latch with the spring? I need 12 latches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220309_122436.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't tell what you have from this picture alone. The best match for your release lever depends on the size and spacing of the forks, which are broken off in your photo. You'll need to measure the distance between the two prongs on the underside, as well as the overall width of both prongs. We carry a few different types like the 26-234 but you will need to remove an undamaged version and compare the dimensions to see if this matches up. You can see our entire selection of sash release levers here

If none match up, you might be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch, like our 26-228 and 26-229 or any of the others you think may work from our section here. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. Look it over and see what you think.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.