Aluminum Window pivot shoes replacement round allow locking insert, Pivot Bar

A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
Our aluminum double hung windows are over 50 years old, according to our neighbors. Some of the nylon pivot shoes are missing the round allow locking cylinder insert into which the pivot bar rests. Also, at least one pivot bar is broken. Do you carry these parts? Do you need any more information from me? Thank you. Paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Erhard Aluminum Window pivot shoe #3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Erhard Aluminum Window pivot shoe #4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Erhard Aluminum Window pivot shoe #5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Erhard Aluminum Window pivot shoe #6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Erhard Aluminum Window pivot shoe #7.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Paul.

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you need a new pivot shoe. My recommendation would be the 15-105 which looks like a dead ringer for what you have. 

As for the balance pivot, take a look at our section here. Review our specifications and see if one matches up to your old pivot. 

Hi Emily, thank you for this info. This is very helpful. Regarding the balance pivot, I see three sizes: 7/16. 3/8 and 9/16. What does this measurement refer to on the balance pivot? Thank you. Paul
do you carry the thin cord and spring unit that supports the window by attaching tot he pivot shoe? I have included a photo. There is an aluminum cover over the cord/spring
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thin cord that is attached to a spring to support
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Paul. Emily isn't here today but I'll do my best to help.

I'm confused by your first question. Those three dimensions you've listed aren't applicable to the 15-105 that Emily recommended nor are they listed anywhere on its store page or dimensions. Can you tell me where you got those that information from? Otherwise, you can see detailed dimensions on the 15-105 store page.

As for the cord and spring unit, that's called the balance. In your case you have a type of tilt window channel balance, though I'm not certain of the specific configuration. The 15-105 pivot shoe is used with a few different styles. Before I recommend anything, I'd like you to remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me the following pictures:

• Top end
  • Bottom end
  • Metal hook at the end of the cord, that attaches to the pivot shoe
  • Stamp

That information should help me determine what you need.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.