Aluminum window channel balance

A quick learner from USA says:
This is an aluminum window frame and it is a non-tilt window. It is a 1/2 inch channel and the channel is 22 inches long. The part number (in photo) looks like 2140.
The Channel Balance Assy looks like a 350 or 351 series. The Channel Balance top looks similar to a 1902 and is 1 1/4 inches long. As you can see in the photo - the window channel balance almost looks like it may have had a wider wing on it at one time (not sure).

The Winged Channel Balance Shoe is similar to a 15-005 except the 1.00 inch depth (ref Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-004) measures slightly under 15/16 inch. This may be wear - not sure.

Can you please confirm the correct end parts and Channel Balance Assy so that I can order the correct one?

Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid your images didn't come through, but based on your description it sounds like your bottom shoe is just worn down. We actually don't have any shoe with a depth less than 1", so the 15-005 would be the closest match we have, regardless. In a worst case scenario, you could always just shave it down a bit.
A quick learner from Centerville, UT says:
Thanks for your help - that is very good advice. Thanks!

I wanted to try again to attach those photos. I am attaching a photo of the part number on the Channel Balance, and a photo of each end (the Channel Balance Top, and the Channel Balance Bottom).

Could you please confirm the Channel Balance Assembly number that I could order to make sure I received the complete assembly?

Thanks again for your help.

Richard
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! I think our Series 350 looks like it could be a very good match. Just go over our information to be sure.
A quick learner says:
Thanks again for your help. I wanted to forward 1 more photo and ask one more question before ordering. And I apologize for not providing this information earlier.

I believe I am looking for a 1505 Winged Shoe, and a 1902 top. Does this seem non-standard?

I may have misidentified one of these end fittings.
This last photo shows the measurement "depth" being approximately 7/8 - 15/16 depth (possibly worn down from 1 inch). I am also attaching another photo of the Top (which looks to me like a 1902).

The Shoe in the photo looks closer to the 1505 Shoe to me, and there seem to be only 2 winged shoes in that size. The 350 Channel Balance Assy seems to have the 1504 Winged Shoe. The 380 series seems to have a different top (1905 top) - so what would be the correct Channel Assy with the 1505 shoe?

Richard
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. You may still be able to use our Series 350 channel balance, but you may need to shave a little off the shoe. Alternatively, you could use the Series 380 balance. It may work even though the top has wings, and in a worst case scenario you can clip them off. Alternatively, we can simply make the 19-002 and 15-005 combination balance for you, but it would need to be a custom order. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
A quick learner from Centerville, UT says:
Just a quick note to follow up and say "Thanks".

The first set of channel balances arrived, and I installed them on the first window. They fit and work perfectly, and moves up and down like magic now. I have now ordered another set for a second window.

Profile picture of Tom
Glad to hear it! Thank you for your business, it means a lot. If you ever need anything else, we're always here to help.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.