Aluminum Window Channel Balance 2210-x

A quick learner from Tallahassee, FL says:
I'm trying to add photos of the latch that broke off of my aluminum window, but nothing happens when I click on the "add photos" button.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble uploading photos onto to our Discussion Board. Perhaps you may want to try to email them to customercare@swisco.com and we can manually upload them for you. Be sure to reference your discussion number for us. It's D112351. 

I need a replacement for an aluminum window channel balancer with the following identification number on it: 2210-x. The balancer is 22" long, not including the plastic that extends below the aluminum and is 1/2" wide.

Can you help me?

I can't upload photos as nothing happens when I select the red "Add Photos" button. Can I email the photos to you?

Thank you

here are my photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1-bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2-bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3-bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8-top.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Hi there- thanks so much for posting! 

I was able to narrow down what you have down to two options. You either have our Series 351 or our Series 390 channel balance. The difference between these lies in the depth of the shoe. The Series 351 has our 15-002 shoe which measures 1" deep and our Series 390 has our 15-001 shoe which has a depth of 1-1/8".

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002

Please carefully compare our measurements and information to what you have and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Hi, Manuela

This is a follow-up question for D112518, regarding the aluminum window channel balancer I want to replace. The part you recommend is a different shape than either of the ends on the channel balancer that I have. Does this matter?

I'm assuming that the "shoe" is the part at the top? Is this correct? I'm confused because I sent you photos of both ends, but you are displaying only the photos from the bottom of the piece, i.e., the piece that is at the bottom when the balancer is in the window sill.

The width appears to be 1 1/8".
Profile picture of Casey

The shoe is the bottom attachment. You can ignore the top attachment, because it is standard between the two balances we are deciding between.

The shoe looks a little weird removed from the balance, and sometimes manufacturers add subtle differences to the shape of the piece, but I am confident that it's the same thing. If your shoe measures 1-1/8" like the 15-001, then the 15-001 (and thus the Series 390) will work for you.

Re: Discussion #D112351--window latch.

Manuela,

I sent the latch photos to Swisco's email address, but have just resent them to you.

Thanks for your help!
here are some additional photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1-Normal latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2-Normal latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4-broken latch.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. Please visit SWISCO product code, 90-317 window lock. Are your measurements compatible with ours? Look it over and let us know what you think.

Paul,

Thanks for your help. The measurements of the #D112351

Swisco 90-317 window lock are the same as those of the lock I'm trying to replace. Mine is unpainted aluminum. Is that available?

Another question is I don't see how to get the remains of the broken part off the window frame and the new part onto the frame. Can you help me with this?

Thanks so much!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm afraid we're not able to provide the 90-317 made in other materials. We are only able to provide it in nylon. 

To remove the broken pieces in the frame, you first want to remove the sash. Then, get a putty knife or flat screwdriver and place the tip in the groove towards the inside of the broken lock, then use a hammer to gently but firmly tap it towards the outside of the sash. After that you can just in the new lock. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.