Aluminum window parts

A contractor from Daphne Alabama says:
I need left and right hand plastic window sash holders. They fit into the right and left corners of the window to keep it in the track. The window latch I have looks bigger than the one I saw on your site. Any help would be appreciate andnifbuou have these parts I need them. Thanks 615-428-9536
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Window shock twisted rod style with two little rivet that sit inside a plastic piece. Shock is roughly 27" long
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Can you send us pictures of the part removed from the window? This will allow our parts experts to better recommend replacement options for you.

The parts I really need are in the previous message I sent. They are attached to the email you responded to. 3 different items , the window hasp, plastic latches that keep the sash in place, and the shocks. I can take another photo of the shock Monday. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Going through our archives, we believe you have the old Cavco aluminum tilt window. I'm afraid that they went out of business in the last century and very few parts remain in circulation. 

For instance, the lock and top tilt latches are no longer available. I don't know anyone who may still have these. You might be able to replace the top tilt latches with a surface mount like our 26-193 and 26-194. This would require drilling new holes. 

As for the balance, we can replace it but it would have to be a special order. We'd be using our Series 600 with a 15-035 attached. Does that look good to you? If so, let me know the length of the outer tube and the weight of the sash. Do your best to weigh it; you may not be able to remove the sash from the window, so if that's the case just put a scale on the sill and gently lower the sash onto it. It won't be perfect but it'll do for our purposes.

Finally, let me know how many balances you need. Once I know that, we'll email you an order link and price quote for the desired quantity.

Profile picture of Tom

Sounds great! If you can do the fitting yourself, then we recommend using the 62-001 rivet to attach the 15-035 to your balance. Based on your information, I'd go with the Red Tip S600-28. Let me know if that all looks right to you or if you had any other questions.

Hey Tom, I weighed the sash I'm olace it's about 10 lbs by scale but may could be 12lbs. My balance is 28" long and the tube itself looks to be 3/8" inch in diameter. If you think these will work I can do the fitting of the parts. The tilt latches you recommend are cool also. I can make those work. I know I need two balances, and let's do 6 slide tilt latches.

Thanks

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.