American Craftsman sash pivot bar

A handy person from Sperry, Oklahoma says:

My 20-year old American Craftsman windows have sash pivot bars that look almost identical to your part # 26-400

Alas, the measurements a just different enough that your part will not do.

• My part has stamped (1054)
  • overall length 2 1/2" (as opposed to 2 5/16")
  • space between holes in 3/4" (as opposed to 1")
  • distance from hole closer to pivot (sash) end of pivot bar is 1 7/16" (as opposed to (1 1/16")
  • Width of bar is 5/16 (same as your part)
  • size of "ear/tabs" is 5/16" (as opposed to your 3/16")
Well, heck.
I took the pivot bar out to measure it, wrote the measurements on the printout, and then put the pivot bar back into the window, where it promptly broke.

I hope these pics of the ragments (with measurements) will help???
Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1778.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1779.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I've known other customers with a Series 1200 American Craftsman vinyl window who had good results with our 26-412. Look it over and let me know what you think!

Paul - thanks for posting that (and the email to let me know!)
the 26-412 appears to have the correct outside measurements... but the screw hole(s) look like they are different.

Did the other customers drill new holes for the screws?
Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I don't remember that being the case. Keep in mind that only one of the holes have to match, you don't need both. If neither hole matches, then you may have no choice but to drill new ones, assuming they won't overlap with the ones already there.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.