American Craftsman window, series 8500

A home owner from Ellington,CT says:
I bought American Craftsman windows series 8500 from Home Depot in 2006. The spring broke, I was able to remove the remainder of the spring from the case. The case has a 6 stamped on the side. The spring has 6DB stamped near the end. The case is
2 and 7/16 inches long, 1 and 1/4 inches wide and 9/16 deep. Is it possible to replace the spring or replace the complete assembly? Also I cut the window track near the top of window to remove this part , would the track spreader work for this repair? All instructions or advice will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0611.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the 15-087 housing pivot, which uses the S180 coil springs and other related items shown on the product pages, to your original hardware. You can use the same cutout that you made to remove the original hardware to install the replacement parts. Thanks for posting!  

A home owner from Ellington,CT says:
I ordered the recommended parts. Thank you for the help and quick response!
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.