American Integrity Window Ivory Handle

A home owner from San Luis Obispo, CA says:
Hello,

I am looking to replace a broken window crank. The part is about 5 inches from the tip of the portion that goes into the wall to the end of the handle.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't know what it is you need. We may be able to help, but I will require a photo of your existing hardware so that I can see if anything in our inventory is a match.

If you're only looking to replace the handle, please also make sure to measure the diameter of the hole and write out what you get. Thanks!

A home owner from San Luis Obispo, CA says:
Hello,

Thank you, I've attached the pictures.
I need replacement handles/crank in Ivory.

I've tried others and they didn't work.

Thanks again,
Joy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BB0E5300-2285-417D-A70A-4ACF20D67657.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4C9DE682-1183-4291-AD97-852F85C2B2E3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks, Joy! These photos are great. So, what you have here is a male hex type handle for an old Roto operator. I think our 39-226 is a match, but I don't know if it will work.

The thing is, your old handle might be in perfectly serviceable condition. I think the issue is the operator itself; a common issue with this older style is the "collar" in the hole breaks, which means the hex stem on the handle has nothing to really fit into. As long as the operator is broken, no handle is going to work.

One possible fix is to pad the hex out with scotch tape, or to even just glue it in, but those are obviously temporary solutions and far from ideal. At the end of the day, you may want to consider buying an all new operator.

We can help with that, but I'll need a photo of the rest of your operator mechanism (specifically the arms). I can then make a recommendation from our inventory.

Or, you could give the 39-226 a shot and see how well it works. It's ultimately up to you. Just note that any new operator we suggest for you will not be compatible with this handle; you would need a new style handle to go with the new style operator.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.