Amesbury-Truth Low Profile Sash Lock

A home owner from Palatine, IL says:

I am in need for (2) Amesbury-Truth Low Profile Sash Lock Model# 16.19 in Bronze with Tie-Rod function.

Please advise if you have the above item in stock or a suitable replacement. Please note it must have the Tie-Rod function.

In my photo showing the back of the unit please note the hole in the gear which is needed to interact with the other lock on the casement window.

Any questions please contact me.

Tom 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lock back
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your casement lock looks like a dead ringer for the 38-075. Note that our gear is filled and does not have the opening indicated in your photo but we've never come across a situation where this type of difference was an issue. Take a look and if you decide to give it a try and run into any issues, you can find our return policy here. Thanks for posting! 

A quick learner says:
That hole makes a big difference! The hole-less model doesn't work on larger casement widows that have two latches on each side. Those two latches are tied together with the tie rod. The tie rod fits in that hole. The latch won't fit and the system won't work without that hole.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We are familiar with this type of casement lock but, unfortunately, we are not able to supply the same type of lock with an opening in the gear that engages with the window linkage. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.