Andersen 4000 Series Pet Screen

A quick learner from Michigan says:
What size and type of spline should I used to rescreen my Andersen 4000 series storm door using a pet screen? I'm having trouble figuring out the size and type of spline to use. Thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hmm...It's hard to give you an answer without seeing your screen frame and existing screen spline. Send us some photos and sizes of what you have now. In some cases, we have known Pet screen to be thicker mesh as opposed to normal screen cloth. There may be a chance you will need to use a screen spline with a thinner diameter. 

I no longer have the original spline as it wasn?t reusable and I threw it out, but it wasn?t flat it had a lip, I hope that helps. I?ve attached some photos for reference. Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I believe that the spline they used on your screen frame is our 55-109. It will only hold in standard screen wire and won't work with the thicker pet screen wire or aluminum wire. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

So does this mean there are no other options that I could use instead? For example a foam version.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Correct, if you have 55-109, no other spline will work in its place.

How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
VIDEO
WATCH >
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.