Andersen Casement Operator

A quick learner from Maplewood, NJ says:
Hello, I am looking for new hardware to replace the current hardware on my horizontally installed Andersen casement windows (they open out from the bottom by pushing the swing arm). I have 12 in total and would like to install some sort of replacement hardware that functions differently (like a crank arm) if possible. WOuld appreciate any advice! Thank you,
User submitted photos of their Andersen hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Joanna.

You can replace your push handle with a lever or roto-type. However, it will take a bit of work, so you may want to get a carpenter to do the job.

We have two operators that immediately came to mind when I saw your images; the 39-015 and 39-070.

When you go to the product pages for the 39-015 and 39-070, you'll notice the Related Parts directly below the main image. You will want to be sure to replace the corresponding handles and brackets that go with the operator your choose.

Now, I believe you may run into a problem with your sill. You may have to get a wood sill cover made up for the bottom of the window trim to go on top of the operator. You will also need a new window screen to fit the new shorter opening.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at