Andersen E-Series Gliding Door Strike

A contractor from mimbres, nm says:
I've lost the strike for the gliding screen door latch on an Andersen E-Series gliding door. The gliding screen door latch/handle are installed and ready, but the strike portion has disappeared.
Is this a part you might have?
Many thanks,
Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Mike. Thank you for your patience int his matter. We carry a bunch of different screen door keepers, which you can see here. I'm afraid I cannot tell you what you have from this photo. Could we see a clearer picture of the screen door handle? I'd especially like to see its latching hook.

Hi Tom-

I've attached some more photos along with a drawing of how the latch operates. I don't have a clear memory of what the strike itself looked like since I never took it out of its plastic bag.

The latch is spring loaded and operates by sliding your thumb down on a plastic slider built into the latch assembly which moves a metal catch downwards to release the door.

Thanks.

Mike

Profile picture of Tom

Ah, perfect. Looks like you have a version of our 83-126 screen door handle. This is actually compatible with a few different keepers. Start by looking at our 85-011 and 85-001. Look over our dimensions and see which of these would be better for the space available in your door. Truth be told, either one may work equally well, but see what you think.

Thanks for the clear pictures and information, they are a huge help.

Thank you Tom!
I really appreciate your help on this. I have ordered three different keepers/strikes based on your information/recommendations. Overkill, of course, but better than re-ordering later.
Happy trails,
Mike
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you so much, Mike! We appreciate your business. You can return any redundant keepers to us for a refund. See our return policy here for more information.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.