Andersen Parts Help

A home owner from Hammond says:
I bought about 25 tee type 39-298 for andersen casement windows awhile ago. My goal having rental property and people not quite taking into consideration the cost of replacement operators was to eliminate them getting broken due to the force 39-286 handle puts on the splined shaft. The tee type would work better with the fulcrum point centered. The problem is the splines are recessed too deep in the tee type handles I received and only grab about 1/16" of splines thus not working due to stripping out. Do you have any fixes or suggestions? I have been eyeing 39-186, but they are expensive and i am not sure how far the splines are recessed in handle. The operators I use are 39-095 and 39-094. Are the tee type handles i received suppose to work? Please let me know. Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I went and tried the 39-298 on a 39-094 operator we have in stock and it worked fine. I didn't notice any issue in regards to how recessed the spline was. The 39-298 is a genuine Andersen part made specifically to work on these operators, so I don't think you should be having this issue. I would wager the problem lies elsewhere.

There are a few things that come to mind. The first is that the stem of the operator is worn. That would explain why handle does not grip properly. Also, check to make sure that the set screw in the handle is adjusted properly. Finally, check to see if the plastic operator cover is fit correctly on the operator itself. In my experience, these specific issues tend to prevent the handle from working correctly.

Take note that when you close the casement window you could be getting a little drag on the sill as it comes in toward you to shut. I know my Andersen casement windows at home don't close completely until I use the locks to draw the sash in to close tighter. Unfortunately, that's just an issue with the design of the window.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.