Andersen Sash Balance

A handy person from Wisconsin says:
I have an Anderesen Double Hung window (1 over 1) with each pane measuring roughly 28" high by 40" wide. Need a replacement for the left sash balance as viewed from the inside.

Markings on the tab of the left balance read (BS8-489), with a marking on the body of the balance that reads 11600-17.

Balance box (not including tab) measures 6-1/4" long x 3" wide x 3/4" deep.

Right balance that is in great shape has the following markings:

S28 1027 10 8-8

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5810.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


Take a look at our 24-1033 Andersen sash balance, which will replace the 1027 stamp on your original part. Thank you!

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at