Andersen Single Hung Balance.

A home owner from North Wildwood, NJ says:
I have an Anderson Single Hung window with a broken sash cord. Does Anderson make a Balance for a single hung window. I seem to have only seem double hung Balances.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, I have never seen a wood Andersen single hung window. Are you sure it's Andersen? If you can, please send some photos of the window and balance so that we can help you. You may need to remove the balance from the window so that we can get a good look at it.
A handy person from North Wildwood, NJ says:
It's a double hung window. It was just severely stuck. I was able to pull down the top piece of vinyl and access one of the balances and the numbering on it is D49 8#51 11-85, there are also another set of numbers 11600-17. The size is 6 5/16" or 6 3/8" long by 3" wide by 3/4" high. Can you recommend a match for me. I will need 2 sets of both the right and left balalnces.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! This looks like a pretty standard Andersen balance to me. Based on your stamp, I would recommend our 24-837. This can replace all Andersen balance boxes stamped with 8#31.
A handy person from North Wildwood, NJ says:
Thanks, I ordered 4 of them for 2 windows.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.