Andersen Window Crank and Cracked Housing

A quick learner from Stoney Creek, Ontario says:

1 Andersen window crank spiral gear and cracked Andersen cover housing

hi, the Andersen spiral gear has chipped on the beginning of the spiral and the plastic cover housing is cracked. It's for a the unit....ANDERSEN RH SPLIT ARM CASEMENT WINDOW OPERATOR. This is the part number for the unit as a whole....PART NO: 1361318. Hope you have the 2 parts that I need. Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B8C4DF43-974E-4B61-B74D-65D93D71CA77.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45F38057-65E5-4990-A439-8FCA95F34F95.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0A36902F-5C94-419E-8C61-793804FA6428.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1E36C646-1B14-4CD3-9BB8-8462F7585AFC.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid when that worm gear falls out, it means the entire operator has broken down and needs to be replaced. See our 39-147 and 39-146. If you need a new handle as well, see our 39-286

A quick learner from Stoney Creek, Ontario says:
Hi,bob. I can't just slide in a new worm gear in between the main gear . My old worm gear seems to pull out easy?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These worm gears are pressed into the operator by machines at the factory. There is no way to repair or replace them since the gears have stripped out entirely. Because of this, no company sells worm gears separately, so it wouldn't be something you can try anyway. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.