Andersen Window Screen

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Hi,
I have Andersen 200 series narroline windows with 1991 manufacture dates. A couple of my screens have holes. I'm thinking it would be more cost effective to replace the screen only myself rather than purchasing a whole new one.

My questions are, what diameter size would the spline be? Also what type of screen material would be best to match what is already there?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Andria
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Some Andersen screens have used our 59-250 and 59-270 in the past, but you'd have to compare both with your existing spline to see what matches best. We actually have a video detailing how to re-screen an Andersen window screen. See below. 

A home owner from Marysville, OHIO says:
We are replacing the screen on several Anderson Windows. What size foam spline do we need? We tried .25 and it was too small, the screen pulled right out. What do you recommend?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

As mentioned above, Andersen has been known to use .250 and .270 size splines; if you found that the .250 was too small, then moving up to the .270 is the next thing you should consider.

Keep in mind that this is mostly an educated guess. The only way to know for sure is to measure the old spline, or at least to do your best to get as accurate a measurement as you can.

How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.