Andersen awning windows of late '50's

A quick learner from Hillsdale, NY says:
I have several old Andersen awning windows that have inoperable crank operators. Is it possible to replace the hardware with newer models since the exact replacement ones don't seem to be available? Does one have to remove parts of the sill to remove and replace the mechanism? Or should I just disconnect and install old style brass adjusters? This would mean removing the screen to open or close the window.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We don't have any late 50's awning Anderson operators, so an easy replacement may not be possible. If you can send us pictures with the dimensions we can look at it and see how we can help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe a 39-095 operator could work. Take a look and see if this would be a useful replacement.
A quick learner from Hillsdale, NY says:
Here are two photos of a representative crank mechanism. You can see from the picture that the arms are about 11 inches. It looks like the mounting screws are about 4 inches or less apart. I cannot see any other screws, but there must be another or two holding the operator down. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Tom T.
Customer photo of the body of their Andersen 50s window crank.
Customer photo of the arm of their Andersen 50s window crank.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.