Andersen balance replacement

A handy person from Pittsfield, MA says:
Hi, I need to replace an Andersen double-hung window balance. The lower sash visible glass dimensions are 36 1/2" wide by 16" high. There are numbers on the balance box but are very poorly stamped. I seem to be able to make out a 7?27 followed by 11-86. The "?" is the one character I can't read but I'm assuming it's the pound sign everybody here is referring to and the 11-86 is the manufacture date. Can you tell from that info which balance I should buy, would it be the 24-737?. Thanks.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bill. I agree with you: there's a good possibility that the 24-737 is the replacement you need. Sometimes the character in question is a "#", other times it's a "P", but either way the numbers surrounding it are the most prominent stamp. The 24-737 can be used to replace oxes with the stamp 727.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)