Andersen bottom rollers

A quick learner from USA says:
My Andersen sliding screens have bottom rollers with an adjuster rod/screw that appears to be plastic. The screwdriver slot is crumbling. This makes them difficult to adjust. Otherwise, they roll fine but many will need to be replaced. The ones you sell also seem to be plastic. Is there a more durable replacement with a better adjuster for these rollers?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks so much for your inquiry. To better help you out, can you please send us some photos of the part you need to replace?

Thank you!
A handy person from TN says:
It looks just like your roller, Product Code: 84-070. The doors are Andersen Frenchwood (about 15 years old). I'm afraid the plastic is very brittle from the looks of the plastic adjuster. That's why I'm looking for a better alternative if available.

I don't want to pull one out to take a picture since I don't have a replacement available to install if the retainer breaks. I will need to order 8 to replace them all in my 4 screens.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see what you mean. I'm afraid Andersen doesn't make any alternative version for this roller. Andersen hardware tends to be pretty specific, and once they design something a certain way they usually stick with it. I am sorry we cannot offer something better.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.