Andersen interlock brackets

A quick learner from Rockville, MD. says:
Does 82-057 consist of two pieces or one? (Interlock Bracket, Operating/Meeting Stile 82-057) I have the old style three panel sliding doors, and am of the impression that I would need to order Andersen PS 3 Panel Interlock Bracket 82-058 as well. Is that correct? I wish to replace the Interlock, both inside and outside pieces. Also, do I need to replace the Andersen Thumb Latch, 3 Panel Product Code: 82-049 when replacing the Andersen Latch Mechanism, PS 3 Panel part 82-048? The Thumb Latch seems to be in very good working condition. I wanted to understand if there was some inter-dependency with the new parts replacement.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The 82-057 only comes with one bracket. I'm not sure if you need the 82-057 or 82-058, though. You would need to see how well they compare to your existing brackets. If your thumb latch is in good condition, I don't see any reason why you would need to replace it.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.