Andersen sash balancer

A contractor from Cresskill, NJ says:
Stamped 11600A-3 / I need 2; are they L & R or just buy 2 for both sides? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190604_075255.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190604_075240.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid the number you cite is a generic Andersen code. The one we need is stamped on the tab on the side of the balance. I can sort of make it out in your fourth picture, but a clearer picture to confirm would be most helpful. To answer your other question, many Andersen balances work on either side of the sash; but I think it's possible this is a case where you need a different balance for each side of the sash. But once we have a clearer picture of the stamp code on that tab we'll know for sure. Many thanks. 

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. As it turns out, this is one of the balances that will work on either side. See our 24-1231. This is meant to replace Andersen balances that include the stamp code 1227. Let us know if you have any other questions!

A contractor from Cresskill, NJ says:
Great, thanks for your reply. It looks like tab stamped:
R18 1227. 013 9 92
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190605_101912.jpg
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.