Andersen sash balancers

A quick learner from pittsburgh pa says:
Double hung window; does not tilt out. House built 1988 to 1990. Bottom sash size: 32 7/16 wide x 27 15/16 high. Etching on bottom right of glass: CIG-2 I-88, IGCC r CBA, Andersen High Performance.

Please let me know your part number for the sash balancer.

Also, your replacement video was very well done and helpful. Should be very easy to do.

Thanks, Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Chris. Would it be possible to see a picture of the stamps printed on your balance's box? That will allow us to determine the best replacement for the job. Going by window size alone is unreliable, in my experience. 

I finally got to my friend's house to take out the sash mechanisms. The numbers stamped on the metal box are: 11600-17 and BF12 1031 2-88. The two front sash strings are both broken, so they will need two mechanisms. Separate question: Removing the side piece was difficult. What about simple cutting it and adding one or two extra screws to hold the ends in place. That would make replacing it much easier. Thanks, Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Based on the old stamp of "1031," I am confident that you can use our 24-1033 as a replacement.

As for removing the jamb liner, if you're handy enough I'm sure you could find a way. However keep in mind that Andersen windows are designed, intentionally, to be very specific. I try not to mess with them too much and I would advise the same.

Tom, Thanks. I will try to put the liner in full size. Due to its age, I am concerned about it cracking. Have a nice day!
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.