Andersen sash locks

A home owner from Stockbridge says:
I have Andersen 200 series double hung windows. They are wood and NOT tilt & Wash. The sash locks are breaking and Andersen has discontinued those locks. The receiver is mounted to wood which is beveled. The mounting holes are 1 7/8". Can you recommend a replacement in antique brass? I have tried various replacements and they do not pull the two windows together thus causing air leaks. Do you have a solution? Thank you for your assistance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Could you send us a few pictures of your lock and keeper? That would be a huge help. From there we can recommend the best matches based on your style and dimensions. Thank you!
A home owner from Vermont, USA says:
I have included three images as you requested. I removed the lock and receiver so as to get a better photo. Please note that the keeper is sitting on a flat surface and is beveled to match the bottom rail of the upper window which is also beveled.
These Andersen 200 series double hung windows were purchased around 1967. They are still in excellent condition.
All I need is replacement lock and keeper.
Regards, Frank
User submitted a photo of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, hopefully I can help. These older die cast locks are no longer available. Andersen has changed the style to the newer plastic 90-295 lock set.
A home owner from Vermont says:
I want to thank you for the info. The replacement lock 90-295 shows the receiver base with a flat base whereas my receiver is tapered to fit the beveled surface of the top window rail. One of the photos shows a side view of lock & receiver joined and the latter is on an angle. Does that mean the receiver should be mounted to a beveled surface?
As part of the kit they show two shims. Is one of the shims beveled for use with the receiver?
The screw holes are 2" apart whereas my mounting screws are 1 7/8". I guess the screws will be on a slight angle.
Thanks again for your input
Regards, Frank
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The keeper that comes with the 90-295 is also on an angle, same as yours. You can see it in this picture.
Side profile view of 90-295
Side profile view of 90-295
As for the shims, yes: one is for the lock, the other is for the keeper. I'm not sure about the hole spacing, though. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not their edges.
A home owner from Vermont says:
Finally I have a solution to my problem. I have placed an order for two locks. My hole spacing is 1 7/8" but I think the replacements will work.

Andersen was of no help nor was the local dealer. But Swisco came to the rescue. Your customer service is excellent.

Regards, Frank
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.