Andersen sash replacement balance and hardware

A quick learner from Howell says:
Greetings: Window in question is Anderson double hung Narrowline model 3062 lower sash 32 7/16" width 35 15/16 height visible glass. Vintage 1989. Window balance right side(facing window) replaced by outside technician in 1998. Why only one was replaced do not recall. Both balances require replacement now. The situation is this: The original Anderson balance (still in place) left side is marked L9 / 1327. The installed replacement( outside technician) right side is marked R26 939. Which 2 balances should I purchase to make the proper repair on this window? Also required is the round foam screen spline for these window screens. I am unsure of the diameter for proper fit. These screens have aluminum u channel currently used for holding the screening mesh in the frame. Respectfully, Thomas
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anderson balance 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anderson balance4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anderson balance5.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. In theory an Andersen balance box stamped L9-1327 on the left-hand side would have a specific replacement for the righthand side, our 24-R13-927. That doesn't match the stamp on your old balance box, however, so to be extra careful I'm going to run this discussion by one of my senior colleagues who will know for certain. We'll get back to you as soon as we can with more information. Thanks for bearing with us.

Thank you. Will be on the look out for the next discovery.

Regards,

Thomas

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of assistance. Back when I repaired some Narrowline screens, we used the 59-250 foam spline. Look it over and see if this matches what you need. 

As for the sash balance, I can't find any with a stamp of R26-939, but Bob is right that the opposite-handed box for the 24-L9-1327 is the 24-R13-927. To make sure this will work for you though, can you give me the width and height of the visible glass for both the bottom and top sash? Thank you.

Greetings:

Have attached photos of full widow interior and exterior.

• upper sash visible glass width 32 5/8" height 24 1/8"
  • lower sash visible glass width 32 7/16" height 35 15/16"

Thank you for your assistance with this project.

Respectfully,

Thomas

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full window interior.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your response. We can now confirm that the balances will be the 24-L9-1327 and the 24-R13-927. Remember, do not mix up the balances when installing. Note that Andersen considers the left and right by looking into the house from the outside. Let me know if you have further inquiries. 

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.