Andersen window cranks

A home owner from West Salem, WI says:
Under the plastic crank cover it states 7191-33. We just purchased the house, not sure what year the windows are, assuming around 1987. We need 6 replacement crank assemblies/covers. Is it possible to get these with COLLAPSIBLE handles, or is that option not available on these?

Thankful for your website! We have NO Andersen window people in our area.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1521.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1522.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1523.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can definitely help, yes. See our 39-154 cover and 39-301 handle. Now, I just ran in the back and held this handle up to this cover. It'll definitely work, but the base of the handle is a little wide for the cover. It won't look nice, but it will function.

Another option for the handle would be the 39-298, which is a short T handle. This looks nicer though it does stick out a little more.

Sorry we couldn't offer a better fold-down handle! Andersen only provides so many options.

Profile picture of Tom

Sure, are you talking about the operator itself? There are actually a few different options. All Andersen operator bases look the same, so I can't tell what you have from your photos. The key is in the style of the arm. Look at our selection here. I would bet one of these will fit the ticket. Plus, they come with their own cover.

Ok, thanks Tom. I know we need one new entire assembly, and I'd like to order it with the folding handle. Do you have the part number for the assembly? is that something you can help me order?
Tom,
I am, yes. No idea which one I need, sorry I am not the handiest girl, hahaha! I do know ours are 4 1/2", and here is two pics of the arm. Is this helpful for you to know which one?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1526.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1527.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Not a problem at all! I know these all sorta look the same; I stare at them all day so sometimes I can forget that. The one in your photo will either be the 39-151 or 39-095. The difference is in the length of the arm; the way Andersen measures it is the distance between the center of the rivet at the end to the bend in the arm near the sill. This measurement is 8-3/8" on the 39-151 and 9-3/8" on the 39-095. It's only an inch difference so I'm afraid I can't eyeball it. Look these two over and see what you think!

The opposite side of the 39-151 is the 39-150 while the opposite side of the 39-095 is the 39-094.

Profile picture of Tom

Y'know what? I think that'll be okay. I don't think an extra 3/8" will be the end of the world. 

And just in case I'm wrong, you can absolutely send it back to us for a refund. See our return policy here for more information. 

Thanks for considering us for your business, it's very important to us. I'd also personally love to hear an update if you're able to get our hardware to work!

Tom, based on the photos and measurements in the ones you sent, I measured it and it is exactly 9", so.... let's say 9&3/8? I can order that one. If it's incorrect can I return?
Profile picture of Tom

It was my pleasure! Thank you once again, of course. If you need anything else, you know where to find me.

Tom, sounds great! Placed an order for one assembly and one collapsible handle. if that handle works/looks ok enough, i'll order the rest of my replacement covers (not the whole assembly) and those handles. Thank you so much!
Tom,
Assembly installed like a dream! The collapsible handle, sadly, will not work as it hits the window sill when you use it. Am I able to return? Am on the website exploring other handle options.
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, that's too bad. I was really hoping it'd work. You can absolutely return it, yes. See our return policy here

You may want to consider the 39-298 T handle I mentioned. That might be your best option after all.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.