Andersen windows operator

A quick learner from Benicia, CA says:
I need to replace many of the window operators in the home that we just purchased but I can't find the part number. Can you tell me what is the correct part number ? Also how can I tell whether it is left handed or right handed operator. Do I look from the outside or inside the window ? I have about 6 operators to replace and 8 crank cover and crank handles to replace.

Thanks for any advice.
user submitted photos of andersen hardware operator and handle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Daniel. Thank you for submitting your images and posting on the discussion board.

From the photos above, your operator looks like the Swisco 39-094 Left Hand Andersen Operator or the 39-095 Right Hand Andersen Operator.

However, in order to accurately determine the appropriate replacement operator(s), you will have to remove your operator(s) from the window. To do this, you will have to remove the "wood sill cover" in order to get to the mounting screws that hold the operator into the window. When doing this, be careful not to damage the wood. Use a utility knife to cut the paint away and a chisel to pry up the cover.

The corresponding operator handle is the Swisco 39-286 Handle and the cover is the 39-154 Operator Cover.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at