Anderson Casement Window Arm Replacement

A handy person from Wisconsin says:
Hello,

I have 3 Anderson Window crank/Arms that need to be replaced. Two are right hand and the onther is left hand. The numbers on the arm are 1 361 485 R and 1 361 482 HCR. I measured the distance between the pivot points and come up with a measurement close to 14". Do you have a replacement crank/ arm assembly for my application? Thanks,

Barry
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Barry. Could you remove the operator from the window and show me a picture of the whole thing? That will help us find a good match.
A quick learner says:
Here is another picture. Is this sufficient or were you looking for a different view?
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
This is perfect! Thank you for going to the extra effort. Based on this picture I think you should consider our 39-332. This appears to have the same style and shoe at the end. Let me know what you think. The opposite side is the 39-331
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
Tom,
Yes, this looks like it will work for me. I just wanted to verify that the original Anderson handle and cover will work with this operator or will I need to order the corresponding handle and cover listed with the operator? I was also wondering what the operator adapter plate is used for. Thanks,
Barry
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, the related hardware you see on the 39-332 and 39-331 hardware are compatible. Specifically, these operators can work with the 39-152 cover and 39-267 handle. As for the 39-362 adapter plate, you only need it if your window as manufactured from 1995 to 1998.
A handy person from Wisconsin says:
Tom, the original hardware cover that I have has the following numbers: 1361529 1361530 4513. Will this cover work with the new 39-332 and 39-331 operator or will I need to order new cover and handle. I was also wondering if I need to ordner a new cover and handle, will it look different or will it be hard to tell the difference from the other windows in the same room? Thanks,
Barry
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid those numbers don't correspond specifically to anything we have. I've seen it associated with a similar operator, but not necessarily the cover. Numbers printed on the hardware itself aren't often reliable, anyway, as manufacturers often change them over the years. Your old cover and handle may work, since your operator appears so similar to ours, but I don't know if there is anything unique about them that would prevent them from fitting.

If not, the 39-332 and 39-331 operators are designed to use the 39-152 cover. That is the only cover of this style that Andersen makes these days. I don't think you'll be able to find an alternate style.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.