Anderson Casement window screen

A home owner from Eaton Rapids, MI says:
Hello,
It looks like my Anderson windows have a track for what could be screens that fit into them. I don't have any screens and would really like some. Do you have any screen hardware or the screens themselves that may go to these types of windows. There are 4 total windows
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Andersen uses knife latches for their screens, like our 70-172. However, unless you have a notching tool or Dremel tool, you will not be able to cut into the screen to accept the knife latch. 

You might need to have screens made up at a hardware store or window repair shop. I think it would be easier to have new screens made and use one of the surface mounted clips like the 70-209 or the 70-197B to hold the screen in place. 

You will need to figure out the thickness of the screen frame so that the clip will hold the screen in place when it is resting in the window frame. The screen frame thickness should be either 3/8" or 7/16" thick. You could also use the 70-215 adjustable screen clip if you are not sure about the thickness. Thanks for posting! 

How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.