Anderson Classic Window Locks

A professional from Palmer Lake, Colorado says:
I see you have the latch handles on your website, but I was wondering if you can get the locking mechansim itself? The Handle is part # 39-291
Thank You,
Aaron
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Aaron. Have you seen our 39-290 Andersen Lock? Is that what you were looking for?
It looks like the part # you suggested is strictly the lock bezel, I'm looking for the actual lock mechanism. The lock handle, part#39-291, snaps onto an arm in the lock mechanism, and the part # 39-290 is a beauty cover for the lock. I need the actual Lock itself. I appreciate your time, please let me know whether or not you have the lock.
Thanks Again,
Aaron
The Glass Guru
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Arron,
We do not currently have this lock in stock but would be happy to supply them to you.
Do you need a single lock or tandem lock?
I believe it is a single lock, but what is the difference in the two? Does the tandem have a latch at the top and bottom?
Thanks for your help!
Aaron
The Glass Guru
Profile picture of Casey
The single locks are typically used on casement windows that measure 40-13/16" in height or less.
The tandem locks are designed for unit heights greater than 40-13/16" and equal to or less than 52-13/16"

The tandem locks look similar to the single locks but the tandem locks have an attached tie-bar and a second latching lock.
Thanks Donna,
I will check the locks and get back to you.
Thanks Again,
Aaron
The Glass Guru
I checked the locks today, they are the tandem lock. Could you please send me some information on cost for these.
Thanks Again
Aaron
Profile picture of Casey
No problem Arron, we can get the tandem locks for you. I will post again as soon as they are available.
Hi Donna,
Just wanted to check on the status of the locks, and see if you have a price for me.
Thank You
Profile picture of Casey
Hello! The Andersen casement replacement tandem locks are now available.
A quick learner from gig harbor says:
I have the tandem lock not the short one and I need instructions how to do the replacement. Can you provide a link for this?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter! Please take a look at these detailed instructions on how to install this type of lock.

Instructions for Swisco 38-147 and 38-148 Andersen Tandem Lock.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.