Anderson Perma-Shield Casement Windows Glazing Bead

A home owner from Laurel, MT says:
The age is probably in the 1990s. Total height approximately 3/4" Says the following on the back: PSC .625 C1A1 3875100 1467010 22:13 10/07/1993 3536

The profile is close to your product code 55-303, but dimension a little different
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0029.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, our 55-303 looks very similar. Can you tell me exactly how your dimensions are different? That will help us determine a better match.

A professional from MT says:

I'm looking for the same bead for a clad casement (Andersen) and the part number seems to be the 1467010 mentioned in this thread. I have a chunk in my hands - just over thirty years old so about the same as the what the homeowner here has. It is for 5/8" glass and kind of a cross between 55-299 and 55-303. It might be closer to the 55-299 - the dimensions are very close. Unfortunately the 299 doesn't come in terratone. The 5/8" designated beads have a slightly different profile.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220831_143502.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, Andersen no longer makes the original glazing bead designed for 5/8" thick glass. It looked a lot like the 55-303 which is used on 3/8" thick glass. They now recommend using the 55-301 as the replacement for 5/8" thick glass.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and maybe follow up after we see whether it works.
Profile picture of Paul

Great, we look forward to hearing how the repair works out for you. 

Quick update on our experience. We received the replacement profile and can confirm it does indeed work as a substitute. However, the size and profile is slightly different so be sure to order enough material to replace the entire perimeter - not just the one broken piece.
Profile picture of Paul

It's good to hear that everything worked out for you. I agree that it is a good idea to replace all the glazing beads and save the good pieces to repair other windows in the house.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.