Anderson Perma Shield Sash Lock

A home owner from Old Saybrook, CT says:
On one of our Anderson Perma Shield gliding windows the LH sash lock came off in my hand. I can align the three posts and reinsert it in the lock housing mechanism, but the locking stud won't stay connected, that is, I can remove the sash lock easily. Do I need a new lock housing mechanism, and, if so, how do I access and remove the old one? Do I have to remove the strip that is the full height of the window and covers the lock housing mechanism?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 366A754B-1189-4160-921C-748DBF0B63C9.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

According to Andersen, to remove the lock housing you'll need to lock the window and use a Phillips screwdriver to turn the two screws located in the head stop clockwise so that it retracts into the head jamb. Then, unlock the window and slide it over to let the sash come out of the top of the frame.

Next, lay the window sash on top of a workbench with the inside of the sash facing up. You'd remove the lock handle using a slotted screwdriver if you need to pry it off but in this case, the handle falls out.

Retract the top and bottom locking rods into the lock housing. Then you should be able to side the cover toward the top edge of the sash. Take note of which locking rod goes to the top and bottom. Unscrew the sash lock and install the new lock with the side labeled up toward the top of the sash. Lastly, reinstall the parts back into the original location.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.