Anderson Sash Balance

A home owner from Vestal, NY says:
I just wanted to make sure I order the correct sash balance. It looks like this may be an Anderson 823 sash balance that is replaced by an 837 balance that you sell. Before I order 4 of them I just wanted to make sure the 837 is the correct part to replace the ones I have.
andersen balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You've got it. It'll be the 24-837.
A home owner from PA says:
Are Andersen Sash Balances used in any other brand of windows or just in Andersen Windows.
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! That's a good question, and it has a simple answer: Andersen hardware is only used on Andersen windows. There is no exception to that rule that I know of.

A contractor says:
How do I identify the sash balancers in an Anderson double hung narrowline 3456C. We are replacing the lower sash and am anticipating having to also do the sash balancers.
Profile picture of Tom

The best and most reliable way to identify these balances is to use the stamps printed on them as a reference. The trouble with that is that there are many variations of the same stamp, and multiple other, less important stamps on the box. It's not always going to be in the same place between balance assemblies and it's not immediately obvious what the key number is.

The good news is that we can help. Showing me a photo of each stamp printed on your balance will allow me to check our records for a match and make a recommendation. You can upload your photos right here for me to review.

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.