Anderson Sash Balances

A quick learner from Neshanic Station, NJ says:
I am looking to replace 2 different Anderson window balances for different sized windows. The windows were installed in 1999.
Both have the stamped number 11600-17 on the body of the part.
The following numbers are stamped on the tab:

1. 11L U27 799 (FR)

2. 1031 S51 599 (Kit)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FR.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Kit..PNG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. For the Andersen balances with the stamp 1031, our 24-1033 will work. 

For the other balance, the stamp 11L suggests it might be our 24-11L. This particular Andersen balance is handed, meaning that it is not the same balance used on both sides of the window. For the opposite-handed counterpart of the 24-11L, see our 24-11R

Hi Bob,

Thanks so very much for your quick response with the requested information. I will place my orders accordingly.
Bob,
I just installed the 24-1033, and they fit great.

Unfortunately, the 24-11L and 24-11R will not let the sash close. The sash falls about 12 inches from closing the window. the sash is 37-1/2" total height, and the height of the visible glass is 34".
I was speaking with a Swisco rep and he tried to see if any other numbers are available to interpret, and I can't find any.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

From the information you gave us, I think all you need is to switch the 24-11R and 24-11L at the top of the window. One cord in the box is shorter for the top sash and the other cord is longer for the lower sash. Try that and see if that's better.

Thanks Paul. Unfortunately, I returned the original ordered items a couple of days ago, per my conversation with the CS Rep. Steve. I'll have to reorder again. One additional question, is the Left side considered when facing the window or with your back to it? My reason for asking is that the screen butterfly latches I purchased considers the Left when facing the window. Therefore, if your conclusion is that these are the correct balances, then I will reorder.

Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Handing for these balances is determined from outside of your home looking in. Hopefully that makes sense. I do think these are the right parts for you.

Thanks again Paul. It makes perfect sense. I will reorder.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.