Anderson Screen Clip

A contractor from Massachusetts says:
I have never seen one of these before. Not sure what it's called. Came from a discontinued Anderson Window Screen. Are these available?

It also wraps around the backside
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230411_092451.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230411_092514.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230411_092530.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230411_092445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230411_095328.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we were not able to locate the older style Andersen clip shown in your photos through any of our suppliers. With that being said, take a look at the type of clips that we've related on this page, along with a few helpful videos. Review the specifications to see if you could adapt one of these clips or pins to attach the screen to the frame. Thanks for posting. 

A quick learner from Northford, CT says:
I have the same Anderson Window screens with the same clip. They are over 40 years old. I treat them very carefully and this year they started to show their age. Like you heard, however, there is bad news that these old style clips are no longer available. Enjoy them while you can. I don't see an easy jerry-rig solution,

Bob
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I agree, it's always best to try to stick with the original hardware if you can help it. It's not always possible of course but as long as you keep the windows clean and aren't too rough during removal, these should last quite a long time.

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.